Laura Clark Fey, CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPM, FIP, Principal of Fey LLC, will speak to senior information security leaders at the 2017 Alliance Leadership Summit on “Overcoming EU GDPR Challenges at the Intersection of Privacy and Security.” She will co-present with Leon Ravenna, CIPP/C, CIPP/E, CIPP/G, CIPP/US, CIPM, FIP, PMP, Chief Information Security Officer of KAR Auction Services.
We have inserted more information on Laura’s GDPR presentation, below. More information on the 2017 Alliance Leadership Summit is available at the Security Advisor Alliance’s website.
2017 Alliance Leadership Summit
Date/Time: September 26, 2017 at 11:40 AM (Mountain Time)
It is now mere months before the very broad-reaching EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) takes effect—bringing with it increased compliance obligations, increased penalties (as high as 20 million euros or 4% of annual worldwide revenue), and increased enforcement activities. EU regulators have already advised organizations that there will be no grace period for compliance with the data protection law after the law takes effect on May 25, 2018.
The GDPR presents significant challenges for the many organizations around the world that will be required to comply with the GDPR. These challenges can best be addressed at the intersection of privacy and security. The organizations that implement effective solutions to address these challenges (and the privacy and security professionals assisting them) will not only reduce their legal risks, but also increase their competitive edge.
Attend this presentation and learn:
- How the GDPR can impact your organization even if your organization has no operations in Europe
- What are the risks of non-compliance
- What organizations must do to prepare to meet their greatly expanded data protection obligations
- What the GDPR means to privacy professionals and security professionals, and how they can work together to develop effective GDPR-compliance solutions
- Why the GDPR presents a unique opportunity to add value to your organization if you have (or can find someone with) the right skills
We hope to see you in Denver!